Saturday, April 5, 2014

Gettin' My Blog On

Hellooo blogging world (or as my outer Asian would say... Herrrrooo ^_^)! I'm finally making the transition from blog-stalker to blog-attempter.  It only took me about one month to decide on a semi-unique blog name (subsequently Googled to find it's only been used 6,120 times in internet history... totally unique) and another month to hit the Publish button and pop the cherry on this bad boy. 

After house hunting for a 1.5 years, my boyfriend Jeff (a.k.a. McGuyver-reincarnated) and I finally found "the one" and made a huge move from living in a townhome in the heart of West Midtown Atlanta to a split-level brick ranch in the Smyrna/Vinings area.  Thank God, because it was about time to kick my Redfin/Zillow addiction and I was tired of watching Jeff crawl into strange basements and attics and fearing he wouldn't make it out alive.  (He actually found a marijuana lab in one basement... needless to say we did not make an offer on that house for fear there was gang money stashed in the drywall and we'd be murdered at night for it.)  


See, good things really do come when you're patient...
We love our new house (bonus that it's free of any creepy drug labs).  Well, at least until spring actually arrives and all the greenery in our ginormous yard wakes up and becomes needy little b*tches. Ask me then.

I hope you'll enjoy reading about my DIY projects, adventures and anything else that ends up on here... likely related to food, beer and my dog (Barley, also named after food/beer).  I have about half a dozen unfinished DIY projects going on now that I hope to post about soon so stay tuned! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment